Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thank You Lord For That Special Day

One Saturday afternoon, back in 1994, in Chicago when one of my daughters was only two years old, her and I were going to cross a very busy main street. We were not crossing at an intersection with a light; needless to say we were jaywalking in the middle of the street. There was very heavy traffic and because of the heavy traffic all the cars had stopped. I took my daughter by the hand and took a step off the curb and onto the street and was ready to walk behind the last stopped car when suddenly, a force of energy (this is the only way I can explain the feeling - there are no real words I can use to describe this feeling) pushed me and my daughter back to the curb. The next thing I heard was a large crash. The next oncoming car (which was about a half block away when I looked before I was ready to cross the street) did not see that traffic had stopped and crashed into the car that we were ready to cross behind. If we were not pushed back onto the curb we certainly would have been killed. I didn't know what happened at first. I was just standing there scared and confused. After about a minute with tears in my eyes I realized that my daughters and my life were just saved by Him in some miraculous way. To this day I have no other explanation as to what happened, but I give constant thanks to God for watching over us that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment