Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

My Testimony Of Faith Part 2

I got thrown off my path. Met my first ex and was married and had a baby at the young age of 18. The marriage lasted for only 9 months, which I wont get into the reason here for this is just a testimony of my faith. After the divorce at 19, I was lost. Didn’t know in which direction to turn to. A lady I worked with saw how I was reacting for months. One day she asked me if I wanted to go to church with her and her family that Sunday. Without hesitation I said yes.


It was a very nice Catholic Church and the people and the priest were all so very nice. I went there each Sunday with her. After a couple of months I talked to Father Fitzharris in private who was a Priest like no other I have ever met. He really had a love for people and went out of his way to help everyone in need. I told him I wanted to convert to the Catholic religion. He questioned me and asked if I was sure since he never heard of a Protestant wanting to convert to Catholicism. I said I wanted this more than anything. I then went to catechism classes the next few months every Tuesday night after work. I was the only one taking these classes with him, which made it even more personal for me and was able to get everything out of it that I yearned to learn. Father Fitzharris to this day is a very special person to me, who I love dearly and who I know was sent by God, and he was my stepping stone to the faith and personal relationship I now have with God. He opened the doors wide for me so I can see and feel God and truly begin my journey with Him. I will forever be grateful to him for what he did for me. Little does he know the impact he made on my faith, on my life and I am now trying to locate him to tell him thank you for all he did. He no longer is a Priest I found out but is doing some kind of ministry work out of his home. I have found a few numbers in the area and will be calling them in hopes that he will be one of them so I can tell him thank you. (Latest after originally writing this testimony, I tried and tried to no avail in getting in touch with him. This saddens me deeply but he will forever be in my heart.)


I stayed with the Catholic Church for one year and then decided I’ve learned what I could there and there were many beliefs of theirs that I didn’t believe in. I then got remarried again and that marriage took me off my path just a little bit. I went to church here and there; not very much at all in the 18 yrs I was married but instead went on my own search. I read a lot, listened to the many different faiths and prayed a lot. I brought the Lord completely into my life. Many burdens came my way the last 7 yrs of my marriage and those burdens brought me even closer to Him. He was the only one I could talk to and I knew He was with me through it all. All my prayers were always answered by Him. Thank you Lord. I also lost my mother in 95 to congestive heart failure and that came in between the down fall of my marriage but the Lord brought me through it all. My faith in Him grew so strong; my relationship with Him became so close.
(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment